Zinc Search Engine
Zinc is a search engine that does full text indexing. It is a lightweight alternative to Elasticsearch and runs using a fraction of the resources. It uses bluge as the underlying indexing library.
It is very simple and easy to operate as opposed to Elasticsearch which requires a couple dozen knobs to understand and tune which you can get up and running in 2 minutes
It is a drop-in replacement for Elasticsearch if you are just ingesting data using APIs and searching using kibana (Kibana is not supported with zinc. Zinc provides its own UI).
Check the below video for a quick demo of Zinc.
You could try ZincSearch without installing using below details:
Note: Do not store sensitive data on this server as its available to everyone on internet. Data will also be cleaned on this server regularly.
Join slack channel
While Elasticsearch is a very good product, it is complex and requires lots of resources and is more than a decade old. I built Zinc so it becomes easier for folks to use full text search indexing without doing a lot of work.
- Provides full text indexing capability
- Single binary for installation and running. Binaries available under releases for multiple platforms.
- Web UI for querying data written in Vue
- Compatibility with Elasticsearch APIs for ingestion of data (single record and bulk API)
- Out of the box authentication
- Schema less - No need to define schema upfront and different documents in the same index can have different fields.
- Index storage in s3 and minio (experimental)
- aggregation support
- High Availability
- Distributed reads and writes
- Geosptial search
- Raise an issue if you are looking for something.
User management screen
Download / Installation / Run
Check installation installation docs
Check bulk ingestion docs
Check fluet-bit ingestion docs
Check syslog-ng ingestion docs
Check Zinc API docs
How to develop and contribute to Zinc
Check the contributing guide
Who uses Zinc (Known users)?
Please do raise a PR adding your details if you are using Zinc.