gobetween - modern & minimalistic load balancer and reverse-proxy for the
Current status: Maintenance mode, accepting PRs. Currently in use in several highly loaded production environments.
- File - read configuration from the file
- URL - query URL by HTTP and get configuration from the response body
- Consul - query Consul key-value storage API for configuration
- System Information - general server info
- Configuration - dump current config
- Servers - list, create & delete
- Stats & Metrics - for servers and backends including rx/tx, status, active connections & etc.
- Static - hardcode backends list in the config file
- Docker - query backends from Docker / Swarm API filtered by label
- Exec - execute an arbitrary program and get backends from its stdout
- JSON - query arbitrary http url and pick backends from response json (of any structure)
- Plaintext - query arbitrary http and parse backends from response text with customized regexp
- SRV - query DNS server and get backends from SRV records
- Consul - query Consul Services API for backends
- LXD - query backends from LXD
- Ping - simple TCP ping healthcheck
- Exec - execute arbitrary program passing host & port as options, and read healthcheck status from the stdout
- Probe - send specific bytes to backend (udp, tcp or tls) and expect a correct answer (bytes or regexp)
- Weight - select backend from pool based relative weights of backends
- Roundrobin - simple elect backend from pool in circular order
- Iphash - route client to the same backend based on client ip hash
- Iphash1 - same as iphash but backend removal consistent (clients remain connecting to the same backend, even if some other backends down)
- Leastconn - select backend with least active connections
- Leastbandwidth - backends with least bandwidth
Integrates seamlessly with Docker and with any custom system (thanks to Exec discovery and healthchecks)
Single binary distribution
- Install with snap: https://snapcraft.io/gobetween
- Other Installation Options
- Read Configuration Reference
gobetween --helpfor full help on all available commands and options.
- Install Go 1.14+ https://golang.org/
$ git clone [email protected]:yyyar/gobetween.git
$ make run
Debug and Test
Run several web servers for tests in different terminals:
$ python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000
$ python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8001
Instead of Python's internal HTTP module, you can also use a single binary (Go based) webserver like: https://github.com/udhos/gowebhello
gowebhello has support for SSL sertificates as well (HTTPS mode), in case you want to do quick demos of the TLS+SNI capabilities of gobetween.
static_list of static discovery in config file, then try it:
$ gobetween -c gobetween.toml
$ curl http://localhost:3000
Enable profiler and debug issues you encounter
[profiler] enabled = true # false | true bind = ":6060" # "host:port"
It's Fast! See Performance Testing
It's a play on words: gobetween ("go between").
Also, it's written in Go, and it's a proxy so it's something that stays between 2 parties
MIT. See LICENSE file for more details.
Authors & Maintainers
- See AUTHORS
- Join gobetween Telegram group here.
Logo by Max Demchenko