I found three issues on my system (NixOS) related to this extension so far:
This is somewhat weird as, for example, gh-screensaver works after replacing the shebang.
At the moment, I do not know what the difference between the two extensions is.
Especially, I am not sure why gh-screensaver works even if the two install scripts are basically the same!
- checks if the extension executable is not executable
- as the extension executable is not executable (absent or...)
- downloads an executable that surely is not executable on NixOS (probably because it is not patched)
I know zero of Go and Go on NixOS then I can not assure that my assumption is right (principally why this extension executable should, apparently, be patched).
But, I changed the logic of
gh-contribute and I can now successfully build from an initial
gh contribute and the executable runs. This should prove that the downloaded extension does not work because not patched(!), not built for NixOS.
I will clean the script and post for review.
I also checked
Any suggestion about what part could influence the behavior, is welcome.
- after successfully compiling and running this extension
- does not matter how I invoke it
- I always get an
Unable to find a good issue to suggest :( try perusing the repository with `gh issue list`.