Develop, Deploy and Secure Serverless Apps on Kubernetes.
Space Cloud helps you build modern applications without having to write any backend code in most cases.
It provides GraphQL and REST APIs which can be consumed directly by your frontend in a secure manner.
View complete feature set here.
- Powerful CRUD: Flexible queries, transactions, aggregations and cross-database joins
- Realtime: Make live queries to your database
- File storage: Upload/download files to scalable file stores (e.g., Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage)
- Extensible: Unified APIs for your custom HTTP services
- Event-driven: Trigger webhooks or serverless functions on database or file storage events
- Fine-grained access control: Dynamic access control that integrates with your auth system (e.g., auth0, firebase-auth)
- Scalable: Written in Golang, it follows cloud-native practices and scales horizontally
- Service Mesh: Get all the capabilities of a service mesh without having to learn any of that!
- Scale down to zero: Auto scale your http workloads including scaling down to zero
- PostgreSQL and PostgreSQL compatible databases (For eg. CockroachDB, Yugabyte, etc.)
- MySQL and MySQL compatible databases (For eg. TiDB, MariaDB, etc.)
- SQL Server
Table of Contents
If you are new to Space Cloud, we strongly recommend following our step-by-step guide to get started
Space Cloud exposes GraphQL and REST APIs. See setting up project guide to choose a client and set it up.
You can use the REST APIs of Space Cloud if you are more comfortable with REST.
How it works
Space Cloud is meant to replace any backend php, nodejs, java code you may write to create your endpoints. Instead, it exposes your database over an external API that can be consumed directly from the frontend. In other words, it allows clients to fire database queries directly.
However, it's important to note that the client does not send database (SQL) queries to Space Cloud. Instead, it sends an object describing the query to be executed. This object is first validated by Space Cloud (using security rules). Once the client is authorized to make the request, a database query is dynamically generated and executed. The results are sent directly to the concerned client.
We understand that not every app can be built using only CRUD operations. Sometimes it's necessary to write business logic. For such cases, Space Cloud allows you to access your custom HTTP servers via the same consistent APIs of Space Cloud. In this scenario, Space Cloud acts merely as an API gateway between your
services and the client. However, the cool part is that you can even perform joins on your microservices and database via the GraphQL API of Space Cloud
Space Cloud integrates with Kubernetes and Istio natively to bring to you a highly scalable Serverless Platform. It encrypts all traffic by default and lets you describe communication policies to protect your microservices.
With that, it also provides autoscaling functionality out of the box including scaling down to zero
Support & Troubleshooting
The documentation and community should help you troubleshoot most issues. If you have encountered a bug or need to get in touch with us, you can contact us using one of the following channels:
- Support & feedback: Discord
- Issue & bug tracking: GitHub issues
- Follow product updates: @spaceuptech
Space Cloud is a young project. We'd love to have you onboard if you wish to contribute. To help you get started, here are a few areas you can help us with:
- Writing the documentation
- Making sample apps in React, Angular, Android, and any other frontend tech you can think of
- Deciding the road map of the project
- Creating issues for any bugs you find
- And of course, with code for bug fixes and new enhancements
Space Cloud is Apache 2.0 licensed.