Quake 2 Map Renderer written in Go and OpenGL.
- Loads any BSP file from Quake 2
- Free roam around the environment
- Renders only a small sector of the map depending on player location
- Supports static lightmapping
- Clone this project.
- Download the dependencies
go get github.com/go-gl/gl/v4.1-core/gl go get github.com/go-gl/glfw/v3.2/glfw go get github.com/go-gl/mathgl/mgl32
- Get the game demo data. Download Quake 2 Demo and copy baseq2/pa0.pak from the Quake 2 directory to
data/folder in this repository.
- W/S to move forward/backward.
- A/D to move left/right.
- Use mouse to look around