PhotoPrism: Browse Your Life in Pictures
PhotoPrism® is a privately hosted app for browsing, organizing, and sharing your photo collection. It makes use of the latest technologies to tag and find pictures automatically without getting in your way. Say goodbye to solutions that force you to upload your visual memories to the cloud!
To get a first impression, you're welcome to play with our public demo at demo.photoprism.org.
- Our intuitive user interface makes browsing and organizing your photo collection as easy as it should be — whether it’s on a phone, tablet, or desktop computer.
- Index everything without worrying about duplicates or RAW to JPEG conversion.
- Automatic image classification based on Google TensorFlow. In addition, our indexer detects colors, chroma, luminance, quality, panoramic projection, location type, and many other properties.
- Includes four high-resolution world maps to see where you've been, and for rediscovering long-forgotten shots.
- WebDAV clients, like Microsoft’s Windows Explorer or Apple's Finder, may connect directly to PhotoPrism so that you to can open, edit, and delete files from your computer or phone as if they were local. You may easily sync your pictures with PhotoSync as well.
- Because PhotoPrism is built as a progressive web app, it provides a native app-like experience, and you may install it on your home screen. There's also a community-maintained native app in development.
Step-by-step installation instructions for our self-hosted community edition can be found on docs.photoprism.org - all you need is a Web browser and Docker to run the server. It is available for Mac, Linux, and Windows.
We recommend hosting PhotoPrism on a server with at least 2 cores and 4 GB of memory. Beyond these minimum requirements, the amount of RAM should match the number of cores. Indexing large photo and video collections significantly benefits from fast, local SSD storage.
Our vision is to provide the most user-friendly solution for browsing, organizing, and sharing your photo collection. The roadmap shows what tasks are in progress, what needs testing, and which feature requests are going to be implemented next.
Please give ideas you like a thumbs-up
Follow us on Twitter to receive regular project updates and discuss development related topics. Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.
Your continuous support helps...
- pay for operating expenses and external services like satellite maps
- developing new features and keeping them free for everyone
Also, please leave a star on GitHub if you like this project. It provides additional motivation to keep going.
Thank you very much! <3
PhotoPrism® is a registered trademark of Michael Mayer. You may use it as required to describe our software, run your server, for educational purposes, but not for offering commercial goods, products, or services without prior written permission. In other words, please ask.