Greetings loafers! (λ-gophers haha, get it?)
This is supposed to be a compiler and bytecode VM for a language resembling Clojure as close as possible.
Now, I know about candid82/joker and I
Here are some nebulous goals in no particular order:
- Quality entertainment,
- Implement as much of Clojure as possible - including persistent data types and true concurrency,
- Provide comfy two-way interop for arbitrary functions and types,
- Serve primarily as an embedded extension language,
- Standalone interpreter mode and AOT (let-go -> standalone binary) would be nice eventually,
- Strech goal: let-go bytecode -> Go translation.
Here are the non goals:
- Stellar performance,
- Being a drop-in replacement for clojure/clojure at any point,
- Being a linter/formatter/tooling for Clojure in general.
It doesn't do much yet - just started laying down the basics. Come back in a couple of months to see cool demos.
See compiler tests if you're really interested.