For the API overview see Godoc.
Why create this repository when there is also "github.com/grd/statistics" ? Three reasons:
- Updated API. The interfaces are simpler and the types are more conformal to Go.
- License changed from GPL v2 to v3 (GNU GSL 1.15 uses GPL v3).
- Package name "stat" is shorter than "statistics", while retaining logic.
- It uses interfaces for the data access. So different data types can be used.
- Two datatypes are pre-defined: Float64Slice and IntSlice.
- For sampling purposes there is a Strider type provided.
Testing 100% pass. Testing covers the complete functionality.
Tested on Debian 6 and Windows 7, both 32- and 64-bit.