Crypto News Telegram Bot
A simple telegram bot that will help you stay updated on your latest crypto news
This bot will help you keep track of the latest news on your favorite cryptocurrency. It reads multiple RSS feeds and groups all items by currency. These grouped items are then further processed using sentiment analysis.
This analysis can help determine how positive or negative the news situation is.
The latest release is always live at @crypto-news-bot.
You can start a chat with this bot or deploy your own bot using @BotFather
/start to start the bot. By default, you rss feed list is set to the top 100 crypto rss feeds. You will receive broadcasts from this feed list, once you subscribe to a coin.
/subscribesubscribe to news based on coins. The bot will then send you the latest news based on your subscription.
/feedmanage your RSS feeds. The bot will fetch and broadcast news from your personal feeds, based on your coin subscription. You can add and remove multiple feeds by providing a comma separated list of rss feed urls.
/newsget the latest news for any coin. personal feeds will also be included (currently for every user).
/sentimentsget an average sentiment from all news, grouped by coin.
If you want to deploy your own instance, create a new bot using @BotFather.
- Paste your Telegram API Token to
- Manage your default RSS feeds using
docker-compose up -dto start the bot
- Huge code refactor to improve performance - remove redundant code - increase consistency
- Improve logging.
- Making keywords configurable by user. Currently, news categorization by currency using a static list of keywords. This list should be configurable.
- Improve news and broadcast presentation for better readability.
- Update instructions and help text.
- Improve sentiment analysis (analyse content and not just the title).
- Add tests
If you have found a bug or got some improvements / ideas, feel free to open a issue or pull request.